Sunday, March 7, 2010

Planning my 1st leave in 5 weeks




I've only been here for 3 weeks now and it's time to plan my trip away. I am looking at flying into Athens where I will be meeting up with Eli. We will probably stay in the city for 3 or so days. I've never really done a lot of traveling, especially abroad. I'm glad Eli will be there as he has had the opportunities to do so. There is so much planning to do, but I think we will take it as it comes. Backpack around, bounce from town to town. There is so much to do out there. Just trying to find a way not to spend a butt load of money. Either way, it will be a great experience with lots of great photos. Things in Saudi Arabia are coming along. Just taking it day by day. Noticed there was a huge sign along the freeway that said Korean Palace. A little surprising finding a korean restaurant in SA. I am gonna risk it and try it with one of our pilots. Hopefully it resembles it somewhat. Finally found a good mall here that sells decent clothes that actually fit. Most places, an XL fits more like a schmedium. Jackpot! I know reside in a cabana at the same hotel. This is separated from the hotel and it is poolside. It's pretty nice, not as much storage room though. As long as I have somewhere comfortable to sleep at night. Went out hashing the other day with some fellow co-workers. Hashing is hiking to us americans. We went out to the desert with some low lying mountains or big hills. I'd say there were about 70 people there. All from foreign countries working as expats. Apparently lots of groups like this exist and go twice a week. Thurs/Fri which is considered our Sat/Sun in the states. It's good times. Next up is dirt bike riding and quad riding in the Red Sands and maybe a trip to the Summan Plateau where huge caves exist. With gorgeous stalagmites and stalactites. Lots to do outside of the city, its just a matter of getting out there.

1 comment:

  1. Rob, following the blog keep documenting. I am putting together my SRCA documents right now for my job offer. May see you soon. NWParamedic

    ReplyDelete