Monday, March 22, 2010

Leisure Activity







Things have been a little slow around here with work. So, poor us - we have to find lots of things to do. For instance, go ride ATV's in the sand dunes in the middle of a sand storm or fly little RC helicopters outside and take delayed shutter pictures to show it's flight path as seen above. We play ping pong, go bowling, play tennis or take a stroll out into Baata market. Sounds like a hard life huh? lol. I have learned one important thing, don't take your DSLR camera into the desert with you. I fried my sony alpha. Sand got in it and it fried the electrical system. So today, my goal is to find a repair shop and do some camera shopping. See if i can get a good price on a new one if they can't fix mine. It's starting to getting pretty warm here. It's been averaging right around 100 degrees. And it's only March. EEEK. It's gonna be hot. And there is no rainfall here. So other than that, not much else is going on. Just trying to plan my greece trip still. Got my plane ticket booked and my 1st hotel. It has a great overview of the Acropolis. That is gonna be a rockin trip. Can't wait. That's it for now. Take it easy

3 comments:

  1. You poor thing... not enough work and to much play! Great update and pics. Still waiting on my visa stuff here. Hey I got a couple more questions for you. Did you have to take any kind of knowledge test once you got there, and how was that? I have herd only non NREMT Paramedics may have to take it? Also... Do you have any idea of how the ground ALS system is working? Will we have all ALS meds, ET tubes, IV stuff and 12 leads? I know your flight, but no one seems to know and i herd rumors its slim pickings. Thanks again for the help, have fun and keep up the great updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a flight medic, we had to take a knowledge test only to get idea of where we stand. It was not a pass/fail thing. I know on the ground side, you are issued an EMT license for 3 months. At that point, if you are not NREMT, you have to take that test. For them, you do have to pass it otherwise you won't be granted a license. Things are sparce here. Medications are very limited. Got the airway stuff, monitor, iv's. The big thing is medication. Very slim pickings. Just have to make due with what you got.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey not sure if you have checked the forums. Maybe shoot me an email if you get any time? Are you still flying, are you stuck in that hotel, Is that still going on?
    - Mike
    3rdschulz@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete